Oil massages are soothing and essential for newborns, and you may enjoy them as well. Oil massage is a time-honoured practice that has endured for centuries. Oil massage moisturises and promotes development while protecting your baby's soft, delicate skin. Your baby's bones and muscles are relaxed, enabling restful slumber. Some massage oils are also rich in nutrients, which helps you provide your baby with the best care possible. The oil is not necessarily safe just because it is "natural." The components of massage oil are equally important. While massaging your baby, make sure you have used the right oil. Selecting the best oil for baby massage makes sense because different oils have different properties. Selecting a safe, gentle baby oil free of hazardous ingredients like sulphates, harsh chemicals, mineral oils, and parabens is something we recommend. But many natural oils are often suitable for a baby's sensitive skin. Here is the list:
Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Castor Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Olive Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Ashwagandha Oil, Turmeric Oil, Camphor Oil, Brahmi Oil, Basil Oil and Cinnamon Oil - these naturally occurring oils help strengthen your baby’s skin, act as a natural moisturizer and promote growth.
Properties of Natural Oils that are beneficial for your baby’s skin
Coconut Oil has anti-microbial & anti-oxidant properties that protect and fortify skin and help fight dryness. Sunflower oil is beneficial for the skin and helps with the baby's healthy skeletal growth. The anti-oxidants of Sunflower Oil strengthen the immune system. Castor oil is a great remedy for dry skin in babies. Sesame Seed is good for building bone and muscle strength. Olive, the Liquid Gold, protects and hydrates your baby’s skin. Sweet Almond Oil helps prevent rashes, eczema, soreness, and dryness, and also promotes blood circulation. Ashwagandha Oil helps promote muscle strength and energize the child. It nourishes the body, helps with muscle imbalances and promotes calmness at the same time. Turmeric Oil has strong anti-oxidant and anti-microbial properties that protect your baby’s skin and act as a skin rejuvenator. Camphor oil helps in pain relief and relieves respiratory congestion. The goodness of Brahmi oil encourages brain & cognitive development. It accelerates eye development and stimulates roots for hair growth. It also develops the neurological system of the baby, soothes the baby’s skin, and promotes good sleep. The soothing effects of basil oil helps in healing eczema while boosting skin cells' metabolism and elasticity. Cinnamon oil, with its lush fragrance, maintains a healthy immune system and promotes circulation both internally and when applied to the skin. It also helps alleviate sore muscles and joints.
10 things you should consider while choosing a baby massage oil:
- Choose an amalgamation of the above-mentioned natural oils which becomes more beneficial for your baby
- Make sure the oil is safe, gentle and mild.
- It should be easily spreadable and get quickly absorbed into the skin.
- It should be free of harsh chemicals, fragrances, colours and toxins
- It should nourish and moisturize your baby’s skin deeply, provide long-lasting moisturization and promotes growth.
- It should be light and the oils should be plant-based natural oils.
- It should be safe for use on sensitive skin.
- It should not contain any allergens and mineral oils
- It should be stored in a cool dry place.
- Make sure to read the bottle label carefully. All ingredients should be mentioned on the bottle label and known to you.
CITTA’s 12-in-1 Nourishing Baby Massage Oil is a blend of 12 natural oils. Coconut oil, sunflower oil, castor oil, sesame seed oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil, ashwagandha oil, turmeric oil, camphor oil, brahmi oil, basil oil, and cinnamon oil nourish and moisturize your baby's skin and promote growth.
Benefits of Oil Massage to your baby with CITTA’s Nourishing Baby Oil
- Massage promotes the bond between you and your child
- A delicate massage can calm your baby’s skin, facilitate the belly and provide legitimate sustenance.
- It also aids in stronger bones.
- A good oil massage enhances your baby’s sleep, tones the body, supports the insusceptible framework, and blood circulation and aids in the advancement of the central nervous system.
- It helps fortifies the muscles of the child.
- Oil massage provides nourishment to your baby’s skin, keeps it moisturized, and reduces dryness.
- It also protects your baby’s skin from infections and other skin conditions.
Choose CITTA’s Nourishing Baby Oil for your little ones. It is fragrance-free, made of plant-based oils, and free from harmful and harsh chemicals, parabens, sulphates, silicones, mineral oils, and allergens. It is dermatologically tested and approved. You can start massaging your baby after the first week of birth, keeping in mind your baby’s mood before massaging. A baby massage is a great way to bond with your baby. It can even help them grow and develop better. Baby massages can help comfort and relax both of you!